Bugzilla 4.4 and 4.2.6 released
- The searching system has been improved: it allows multiple search criteria to match one field; it has improved support for flags; it has better performance, especially with complex queries.
- The tagging system has been redesigned: the old tagging fields in the page footer are gone in favor of a Tags field in the bug itself. Tags remain private and are only visible by you. They can also be used in queries as any other field.
- Bugzilla can now correctly identify uploaded attachments which have a MIME type of application/octet-stream.
- You can now save tabular and graphical reports as you already do with saved searches. Previously, you had to bookmark them in your web browser.
- You can customize columns displayed in whinemails.
- As usual, the WebServices have been improved with several new methods.
- The security has been improved, such as using HMAC SHA-256 to generate tokens instead of MD5.
- etc ….
This release also means the End Of Life (EOL) of Bugzilla 3.6, which was the last series for Bugzilla 3.x. This branch is no longer supported, and any new security bug found on this branch will remain unfixed. Installations still running Bugzilla 2.x or 3.x are urged to upgrade to Bugzilla 4.4 or 4.2.6.