We released Bugzilla 3.6.2, 3.4.8, 3.2.8, and 3.7.3 last night! They all contain fixes for 4 security bugs, and Bugzilla 3.6.2 and 3.7.3 also include numerous bug fixes. Bugzilla 3.6.2 is our most stable release, and is the recommended version to use in production. Bugzilla 3.7.3 is a development snapshot to let you test what will become Bugzilla 4.0. Bugzilla 3.7.3 is now feature complete, and I hope our next release on the 4.0 branch will be 4.0rc1, assuming we manage to fix all remaining blockers (18 blockers as of today). There is no ETA for 4.0rc1 yet, but probably around September or October, if everything goes well. Note that many bugs and regressions are being found in 3.7.x, so you shouldn’t use Bugzilla 3.7.3 in production (but we would be happy that you install it in a test environment and help us catch remaining bugs and regressions before we reach the release candidate phase).
Bugzilla 3.7.3 being feature complete, and no major changes in templates being expected, now is also a good time for localizers to start their work on the 4.0 branch. Once you are ready, feel free to ping me on IRC (nick: LpSolit), or leave a comment to this post with a URL to your website, and I will add it to our list of available localized tarballs (of course, if you have checkin privs, you can update the list yourself). For new localizers, please don’t waste your time translating Bugzilla 3.2.8 or 3.4.8. Bugzilla 3.2 will reach End Of Life at the end of the year or early next year, when Bugzilla 4.0 is released, and Bugzilla 3.4 should reach EOL at the end of next year. Focusing on Bugzilla 3.6 and 4.0 only is a better way to spare some time. ;)
While reviewing and testing a patch for Bugzilla, I spent tens of minutes looking at and playing with IE8 parameters to configure it to display text files inline, i.e. from the web browser directly. I couldn’t figure out why it was unable to display a simple text file. As Google was unhelpful, I had to figure it myself. The reason is crazy: the file I attached to Bugzilla was named "attachment.txt", and due to the word "attachment", IE8 automatically wants to download the file! If I rename the file to e.g. "file.txt" or "bazooka.txt", it works fine again and displays the text file inline, as desired. If you don’t believe me, try yourself and open the two attachments I put here on landfill.